Coco's Meatloaf13 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Meet Steve Johnson, a Nashville native who grew up learning to cook from his mother, grandmother, and aunt. Along the way, he picked up a few lessons about living right, along with the secret to his mother's meatloaf recipe.” - by Steve
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine onion, green bell pepper, milk, 1/4 cup ketchup, and eggs in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Stir ground beef, crushed saltine crackers, kosher salt, dry mustard in a large bowl. Add onion and egg mixture; stir to combine.
- Transfer beef mixture to a shallow baking dish and shape into a loaf. Drizzle top of the meatloaf with 2 tablespoons ketchup.
- Bake in the preheated over for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let meatloaf to rest uncovered for 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 456 cal
- 26.6 g
- 23.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"This is the REAL DEAL. Everyone LOVED this meatloaf. I was too lazy to measure the saltines - I guestimated and used one package of saltines (4 0z) roughly crumbled with my hands. Blending in onion..." See more and bell pepper along with eggs etc... is brillant! Mixing it all together with your hands assures that it isn't over worked yet well mixed. Then, by free forming rather than cooking in a loaf pan allows the water in the meat loaf to evaporate, leaving a crispy exterior. Thanks for featuring this recipe, it is a keeper for sure."
The Best Meatloaf
Super Moist Meatloaf
Just swipe to see more like this.