Lemon Zucchini Muffins21 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“I used to love the low-fat lemon zucchini muffins at Starbucks and then they discontinued them and I was forced to come up with my own.” - by kim
Original recipe yields 12 muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Mix zucchini, yogurt, butter, egg, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon lemon zest in a separate bowl; pour yogurt mixture into well. Gently stir yogurt, slowly incorporating the flour mixture until just blended. Batter may be slightly lumpy. Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- While muffins are baking, whisk 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup sugar, and 2 teaspoons lemon zest together in a saucepan over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer and sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Cover and keep glaze warm over low heat.
- Poke each muffin several times with a toothpick; spoon glaze over muffins. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 210 cal
- 6.4 g
- 35.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"This is a solid recipe that produces nice moist not too sweet muffins. I would not normally grate and then measure the zucchini but I did this time. I grated one average sized zucchini and it came to..." See more a bit less than 2 cups. My container of lemon yogurt was only 6 oz so I added another 2 oz of plain greek yogurt. I will try making these next time using applesauce and oil beaten with the egg instead of the butter. I am glad I made these. Thanks for a nice easy recipe. UPDATE: I meant to say that these don't rise really high so don't be afraid to fill your muffin cups - there was some batter left over after making 12 regular muffins."
"Excellent way to use up all that zucchini from the garden. I used two cups of grated zucchini and followed the recipe as written. These are super moist and a nice change from regular zucchini bread..." See more."
"I made these to take on a roadtrip and they are wonderful. I used 3 T. butter and 3 T. oil instead of all butter and they turned out fine. Great way to use all that zucchini. Seems like most recipes f..." See moreor baked goods call for 2 cups zucchini so I've been shredding it and wringing the moisture out in a clean dishcloth, then freezing in 2 cup portions."
Lemon Zucchini Bread
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins I
Just swipe to see more like this.