Zucchini Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“A great way to use up some of those plentiful summer zucchini!” - by Hayley
Original recipe yields 24 cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Sift all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat sugar, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 4 minutes; fold in zucchini and walnuts. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until batter is well mixed. Fill prepared muffin cups with batter about half full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pans for 15 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer in a bowl until smooth. Gradually beat confectioners' sugar into cheese mixture until frosting is light and fluffy. Spread frosting over completely cooled cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 372 cal
- 20.4 g
- 46.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I'm not an avid baker but 2 Tablespoons of baking powder is a bit much I think. I made these and was very disappointed with the results, they came out with flat tops and were all crumbly. They tasted..." See more okay but I don't even want to waste the ingredients to make frosting. I'll be looking for a recipe with better ingredient ratios."
Carrot Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing from Egg Farmers of Ontario
Just swipe to see more like this.