Ditalini with Roasted Tomato Sauce and Goat Cheese10 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“Make this because it tastes awesome. What the hot oven does to the deep red San Marzano tomatoes is a wonder to behold, and produces a pasta sauce with some serious depth of flavor. The always entertaining ditalini are a perfect medium for the rich sauce, smoky oregano, and creamy goat cheese.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Drizzle olive oil over the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Pour tomatoes and their juices into the dish; cut each tomato into 3 pieces. Sprinkle in onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and 2 teaspoons oregano; stir to combine.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove dish from oven, stir briefly, return to oven and roast for an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer roasted tomato mixture to a saucepan; pour in water. Process mixture with an immersion blender or potato masher until desired sauce consistency is reached. Stir in 1 teaspoon oregano. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the ditalini and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through but is still firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain well and return to pot.
- Pour tomato sauce over ditalini; stir to combine. Stir in goat cheese.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 400 cal
- 11.1 g
- 64 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Love, Love, Love, Love this sauce. So easy to make I don't think I'll ever use jarred sauce again! I didn't make the Ditalini, but used this sauce in roasted veggie lasagna, and what else can I say...." See more . . YUM!!!"
"Made this tonight with fresh tomatoes, just added some extra garlic, and fresh basil and oregano. Great! We'll be making this again..." See more"
Nana's Slow Cooked Meaty Tomato Sauce
Roasted Sweet Onion and Tomato Soup with Cheese Crouton
Just swipe to see more like this.