Fried Pinchy Pies2 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 10 min
“I am obsessed with the thought of frying things on white bread, which led to being obsessed with the thought of frying things IN white bread. These fried peanut butter and jelly pinchy pies are the result.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut bread into 3 1/2-inch rounds using a round cutter.
- Spread peanut butter into the center of 2 slices of bread, leaving 1/2-inch space around the border. Repeat with the jelly for the remaining 2 slices of bread.
- Place 1 slice jelly bread and 1 slice peanut butter bread together and press down edges to form a seal. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Place pies in preheated oil and cook until golden and crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 530 cal
- 40.1 g
- 37.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Outstanding PP&J Pinchy Pies!! I tried it with thin sliced ham and various cheeses. All had their own pop, as it were; however, I found American cheese the best in my humble opinion...." See more"
Japanese Style Deep Fried Shrimp
Australian Deep Fried Chicken Wings
Just swipe to see more like this.