White Chocolate and Raspberry Ice Cream1 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 30 min
“A very rich and yummy ice cream made with a custard base.” - by pelicangal
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Heat milk, sugar, vanilla bean and seeds, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks and about 1 cup warm milk mixture in a bowl; stir egg mixture into saucepan. Continue to cook and stir until custard thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove vanilla bean. Stir white chocolate chips into custard until melted. Pour custard into a large bowl and stir in heavy cream and vanilla extract. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions until it reaches "soft-serve" consistency.
- Heat raspberries in a saucepan over medium heat until raspberries begin to fall apart, 7 to 10 minutes. Press raspberries through a sieve over a bowl to remove the seeds; discard seeds.
- Gently swirl raspberries into the soft ice cream creating ribbons of raspberries. Transfer ice cream to a one- or two-quart lidded plastic container; cover surface with plastic wrap and seal. For best results, ice cream should ripen in the freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 343 cal
- 23.8 g
- 29.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This was a creamy as I had hoped it would be….some custard recipes take on an eggy taste, but not this one… I am impressed and will be making this one again and again over the summer. I added white ch..." See moreocolate chunks and chopped macadamia nuts at the end when you add the raspberries…. those little added treats of goodness made this ice cream even more delicious."
Easy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Simple Chocolate Ice Cream
Just swipe to see more like this.