Garlic Steak with Garlic9 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 55 min
“If you are a fan of garlic, this garlic steak with garlic confit will surely put a smile on your face.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Whisk minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a bowl, then pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine 12 garlic cloves and 1 cup olive oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden and tender, about 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove steaks from bag, wiping off excess marinade with paper towels. Generously season steaks with salt and black pepper.
- Cook the steaks on the prepared grill until they start to firm and are reddish-pink and juicy in the center, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Remove steaks to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over steaks, then spoon a few cloves of oil-roasted garlic on top.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 865 cal
- 44 g
- 11.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"If you love garlic, then you'll absolutely adore this recipe! I marinated the steaks overnight and while there's nothing quite like a grilled steak the combination of the balsamic vinegar along with t..." See morehe oil-roasted garlic put this classic over the top! This definitely did put a smile on my face as well as my husband's. Thanks for yet another fabulous recipe Chef John!!!"
"I made this tonight and it was awesome! Chef John hit another home run with this recipe. I only marinated the steaks for 6 hours and cooked them to med-rare. I served them with "Herb's Popular Baked B..." See moreeans" (a recipe that I had submitted to this site). Try the "Herb's Popular Baked Beans" recipe. I guarantee you that won't be disappointed."
Soy Garlic Steak
Sirloin Steak with Garlic Butter
Just swipe to see more like this.