Brown Butter Pineapple Corn Muffins5 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“When you're talking about cornbread, you're also talking about a big bowl of chili, and nothing balances that big spoon in one hand like a warm corn muffin in the other.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 12 muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper muffin liners, and lightly spray liners with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until golden brown. Remove from heat and stir in pineapple. Set aside to steep for 20 minutes.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt until combined. Set aside.
- Combine buttermilk, eggs, and pineapple mixture in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture; whisk until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups and bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 195 cal
- 9.2 g
- 24.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I used melted margerine and "soured" lactose-free whole milk in this recipe. Substituting those ingredients in this recipe made no difference--they turned out absolutely fabulous. Lightly sweet, incre..." See moredibly moist and with the perfect cornbread-y texture. I would have never thought of adding pineapple to corn bread batter but it totally works. This would make a GREAT breakfast muffin though my family thought this made a pretty excellent snacking muffin."
"Wonderful taste medley. These are so easy to make and go well with chilli or soup. I improvised with golden pineapple baked for an hour to dry it out and 1/4 cup brown sugar added to the browned but..." See moreter. If you love pineapple don't miss trying this recipe."
"These muffins are off-the-hook good. Not a combo I'd thought of before, pineapple and cornmeal, but it really works. There's one non-stellar review on here, and it looks like the reviewer may have fol..." See morelowed the recipe incorrectly: don't simmer the pineapple in the butter! First brown the butter, and only after that process is complete and the brown butter is removed from the stove do you add the chopped pineapple. You mix them well and then just let that sit for a while (the recipe says 20 minutes, which works well). These are great, I've already made 2 batches and plan on making several more!"
Savory Corn Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.