Sweet and Sour Pork Tenderloin26 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“I thoroughly enjoyed this plate of florescent food, and if you're a fan of the Chinese take-out version, I believe you will enjoy this too.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Cut tenderloin into 4 pieces. Arrange in a single layer between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until each is about 1-inch thick. Generously season with salt and black pepper.
- Whisk ketchup, rice vinegar, reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, garlic, hot chili sauce, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Place pork in pan; reduce heat to medium. Cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Stir butter into hot pan. When butter melts and starts to brown, stir in pineapple chunks. Cook, stirring, until pineapple is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in ketchup mixture and 1/4 cup green onion (white parts). Reduce heat to low and simmer until garlic and onion have softened, 5 minutes.
- Return pork to skillet; cook, stirring, until pork is heated through. Garnish with 2 tablespoons green onion tops.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 297 cal
- 11.4 g
- 22.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"A very tasty meal. The only change I made was to saute some carrot, onion, and Green pepper after removing the pork and before adding the pineapple--reserving the veg, adding back in once the fruit wa..." See mores carmelized. I made this dinner for two, and the amount of sauce was adequate. You may wish to increase the sauce ingredients for four."
"Thank you a million times! I am the new hero in the house being able to provide such a LOVED new dish. I wouldnt change a thing in this recipe- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT- tender, tangy, incredible- this is ..." See morenow going to be a part of the monthly rotation!!!"
Chipotle Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Spicy Pork Stir-Fry
Just swipe to see more like this.