Authentic Pad Thai40 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Inspired by the pad thai at Thai Tom, this recipe features a tamarind paste, vinegar, sugar, and fish sauce mixture over perfectly stir-fried eggs, chicken breast, and rice noodles, garnished with peanuts, chives, and fresh bean sprouts.” - by Allrecipes
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with several inches of room temperature water; let soak for 30 to 60 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk sugar, vinegar, fish sauce, and tamarind paste in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, remove from heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and minced garlic in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Stir in eggs; scramble until eggs are nearly cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add cooked chicken breast slices and rice noodles; stir to combine.
- Stir in tamarind mixture, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, and salt; cook until noodles are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in peanuts; cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish with bean sprouts, chives, paprika, and lime wedges.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 583 cal
- 21.3 g
- 78.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (40)Rate This Recipe
"Okay I LOVE thai food and I was very skeptical about this dish especially with the word "authentic" but I must say this is beyond DELICIOUS!!! I followed the recipe exactly and this is a WINNER!!!!..." See more"
"Made this recipe after watching the video and it's the best version we've EVER made at home. We used thinly sliced pork instead of chicken and threw in some cilantro too. I'm already craving it again!..." See more"
"This was delicious. The only changes I made were to use tamarind concentrate instead of the paste (it was all they had at the Asian grocery store), and I forgot to add the paprika at the end. I woul..." See mored have liked it to be a bit saucier. I'm not sure if I cooked it a bit too long and the sauce got all soaked up or if I just need to make more sauce next time. Even still the flavors were wonderful so I am giving this 5 stars. Thanks for the great recipe."
Authentic Chicken Tikka Masala
Authentic Chicken Adobo
Just swipe to see more like this.