Make-Ahead Pizza Burgers0 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“These can be made in mass quantities and frozen to make a quick after school snack!” - by trigirl
Original recipe yields 72 sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place onion and celery into a pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Simmer until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir beef until it is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in onion mixture, ketchup, tomato soup, 1/2 can tomato paste, garlic salt, salt, and pepper; set aside to cool.
- Mix remaining 1 1/2 cans tomato paste, oregano, and sugar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Butter each English muffin half, then spread with tomato paste mixture. Divide ground beef mixture over each muffin half and top with strips of American cheese. Place open-faced sandwiches on large baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese melts, about 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (72 total)
- 242 cal
- 13.2 g
- 18.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Pizza Burgers I
Just swipe to see more like this.