Pickled Grilled Vegetables1 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 day 2 hr 15 min
“I can see these being a regular fixture on the picnic table during the upcoming grilling season. What a perfect compliment to a platter of barbecued pork, or grilled chicken. These tasted great after just one day, and even better after three.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 2 pints
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Place cucumbers and red peppers on grill, cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, kosher salt, garlic, black peppercorns, dill, and red pepper flakes in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Pack cucumbers and peppers evenly between two 16-ounce mason jars. Pour hot pickling liquid into jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Screw on lids and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 520 cal
- 1.1 g
- 130.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Great idea instead of your basic pickles. you can add or change the recipe to your liking. thanks chef John as always your very entertaining...." See more"
Great Grilled Smoky Vegetables with Avocado and Goat Cheese Crumbles
Grilled Vegetables in Balsamic Tomato Sauce with Couscous
Just swipe to see more like this.