Chef John's Scalloped Oysters6 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Some recipes you only make once a year because they're just so-so. Other recipes, like this dish of scalloped oysters, you only make once a year because they're too good.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine saltine crackers and butter in a bowl; stir until all crumbs are saturated with butter.
- Spread 1/3 of the saltines mixture on the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Pour half of the oysters with their liquor over the saltines mixture. Season with cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Repeat with next 1/3 of saltines and remaining oysters. Season with cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and Italian parsley.
- Sprinkle remaining saltines mixture over the oysters. Drizzle cream slowly and evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and browned, 40 to 45 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 334 cal
- 24 g
- 18.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is so similar to mine - I don't think I've ever measured...I do add worcestershire sauce to each layer. This was a family tradition at my house for Thanksgiving. I like it with a Steak a..." See mores well (and have been known to heat them up and eat for breakfast - it grosses my family out but I love them)! Glad to see someone else is eating them!!!"
"Pretty much the same as the one I make(I'm not very good at measuring), but it never occurred to me to use parsley and I liked the dash of color. I've been addicted to these since I was a little kid a..." See morend I'm ashamed to say that I probably make them 7 or 8 times a year and am very selfish. Have to admit I've done the "breakfast thing", as well... Awesome!"
Chef John's Scones
Just swipe to see more like this.