Chocolate Cheesecake Bars from Crisco Baking Sticks®2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“Two delicious layers--one rich chocolate, the other creamy vanilla--bake up into elegant dessert bars.” - by Crisco Baking Sticks®
Original recipe yields 32 bars
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Chocolate Layer: Place unsweetened chocolate and shortening in large, microwave-safe bowl. Heat on HIGH (100% power) 2 minutes. Stir until mixture is smooth and chocolate is melted. Mix in sugar. Add vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Combine flour and salt in small bowl; add to shortening mixture, a little at a time, stirring until uniform. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Cheesecake Layer: Combine softened cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla; beat at medium speed until well blended. Pour evenly over top of chocolate layer.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Place on cooling rack. Run spatula around edge of pan to loosen. Cool completely on cooling rack. Cut into 32 bars.
Amount Per Serving (32 total)
- 163 cal
- 10.6 g
- 15.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I made this recipe a few weeks ago and it was a nightmare. I made it exactly as it says and the cheesecake layer never set. I baked it for as long as it said and it wasn't set. I baked it for 15 minut..." See morees after that and it still didn't set. I kept putting it in for 15 minutes then checking on it and it would not set. I baked it for about 45 minutes over what it said, it still did not set. It was like water. I then put it in the fridge and kept it there all night. The next morning it still was not set but I ate it anyway. The only reason I gave this recipe 2 stars instead of 1 is because it tasted good. I will not be making this again and do not recommend making this recipe."
Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie by CRISCO(R)
Almond Cookies from Crisco Baking Sticks(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.