Carrot Zucchini Casserole6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Delightful, unusual flavor! A nice departure from casserole recipes that call for cream soups or cheese. Pretty enough for a dinner party. May use other vegetables as well.” - by edyegourmet
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch casserole
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place carrots into a pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until just tender, about 15 minutes. Strain carrots out of the water with a slotted spoon. Add zucchini slices to the pot and simmer until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, reserving about 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Stir reserved cooking liquid into mayonnaise, onion, horseradish, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix cooked vegetables into mayonnaise mixture until well blended; pour mixture into prepare baking dish.
- Mix bread crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl; sprinkle over vegetables.
- Bake in preheated oven until bread crumbs are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 215 cal
- 17.4 g
- 13.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Nice way to eat veggies w/o cheese. I used fat free mayo, panko crumbs and left off butter.. sprayed with Pam to get crunchy....." See more"
"I was a bit disappointed in the lack of flavor. Seemed like the prep time wasn't worth the end result. It wasn't bad but needs something else to add to the flavor. Not something I would make again but..." See more it was a decent side for lunch and used up the veggies I needed to get rid of out of the fridge."
Zucchini Casserole II
Zucchini Casserole with Fontina Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.