4-Bean Baked Beans21 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 45 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Four different kinds of beans baked with molasses. I have substituted different kinds of beans and enjoyed all of the results. Use whatever kind of beans you like! I have also used Canadian bacon instead of regular bacon.” - by scubaLQ
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place kidney beans, butter beans, lima beans, and pork and beans in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir bacon, onion, and garlic until bacon is browned, about 10 minutes. Pour off excess fat.
- Whisk brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, molasses, and mustard into bacon mixture; simmer until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Pour sauce over beans in the casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, 1 hour 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 171 cal
- 2.6 g
- 30.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"First, I have something to say, and this isn’t even my own recipe. One reviewer literally changed just about everything in this recipe but, PLEASE, do yourself a favor and tweak after you give this a..." See more try at least once, as written. IMO it’s that good, and I wouldn’t change anything. That particular reviewer gave it 5 stars, but seriously, she wasn’t reviewing this recipe, only her custom version. The selection of beans is interesting, eye appealing, and just tasty! I was a little concerned that the sauce might be too sweet for our taste, but it was the perfect blend. I love baked beans, have cooked them many different ways (including slow cooked), and I honestly can say that I don’t think I’ve had better!"
"We served these beans to a crowd of 300 during a western themed theater dinner. The group was mostly senior citizens. We received oodles of compliments on the beans (the rest of the meal, too). We ..." See moreserved these with baked ham, sweet potatoes, roasted vegetables, corn bread and biscuits. Great dinner-great beans. The staff enjoyed the left overs, too!!"
"Aren't butter beans and lima beans the same thing, just different names? I omitted the pork & beans and added great northern beans with a little paprika and onion powder, added 1/2lb beef, used turbi..." See morenado sugar instead of brown, no garlic (didn't have any), used bbq sauce instead of ketchup, and dijon mustard instead of dry. Turned out great! I will definitely make this again."
Maureen's Baked Beans
Mother Earth's Baked Beans
Just swipe to see more like this.