Baked Spaghetti48 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“A comforting baked spaghetti casserole with plenty of melted cheese is the perfect dish for potlucks, family gatherings, or a week-night dinner.” - by CALLIKO
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir beef and onion until meat is browned and onions are soft and translucent, about 7 minutes. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt.
- Whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter in a large bowl. Mix in spaghetti to egg mixture and toss to coat. Place half the spaghetti mixture into baking dish. Top with half the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and meat sauce. Repeat layers. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes longer.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 728 cal
- 33.6 g
- 61.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (48)Rate This Recipe
"I liked the idea of this. But I did change it a bit. Instead of using spaghetti sauce from a jar, I made my own with meat. I also used both Parmesan and Romano cheeses because that's what my husband l..." See moreikes. Instead of cottage cheese I used ricotta cheese. I didn't see the point of using eggs at all so I skipped them. I liked that it was baked. It really brings out the flavor throughout the entire dish."
"I used the ricotta cheese based on pooter61's recommendation and this turned out deliciously...." See more"
Basic Baked Spaghetti
Just swipe to see more like this.