Baked Chicken and Zucchini19 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“A prefect summertime dish, this baked chicken with zucchini, tomatoes, and fresh basil is colorful and tasty.” - by luaucow
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Beat egg, water, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Set 2 tablespoons bread crumbs aside; pour remaining bread crumbs into a large resealable plastic bag. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in bag and shake to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken in skillet until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet; cook and stir zucchini and garlic over medium heat until zucchini is slightly tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons reserved bread crumbs over zucchini. Top with tomato slices, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, and basil. Place chicken on top of zucchini layer. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 506 cal
- 24.1 g
- 34.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"We loved this (even my veggie-finnickey husband) but I only gave it 4 stars because I believe without the additions I made it wouldn't have been the 5 star dish it turned out to be. I diced up 1 mediu..." See morem onion and 1 red bell pepper and sauteed those with the zucchini and garlic. After sauteing, I added them to the greased dish where I placed a half jar of marinated artichoke hearts in a sparse layer on top (I will use the whole jar next time..they were tasty!). I followed the recipe to a "t" other than that and it turned out great! It really creates its own side, and with all the veggies and the use of olive oil (and I used lite salt) it made for a healthy AND delicious meal!"
"Wonderful dish with ingredients I often have on hand anyway. As another commenter mentioned, you can add other vegetables and tweak to your preferences...." See more"
"This was a wonderful dish and, with a side of fried potatoes, made a filling meal that was easy, delicious, and used up some of the surplus of vegetables we had on hand. Even my young sister loved the..." See more meal and scarfed up everything on her plate. We're already planning on making this dish again."
Baked Split Chicken Breast
Breaded and Baked Zucchini
Just swipe to see more like this.