What the ELLE...Baked Egg Rolls5 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“These crispy eggs rolls are packed with tasty ingredients like water chestnuts, peppers, and chicken. They make a great appetizer, snack, or side dish.” - by HoneyBooBoo
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat; cook and stir carrots, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, green pepper, green onions, and garlic until vegetables are crisp, about 3 minutes. Stir in chicken until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon oil, brown sugar, and cayenne in a small bowl; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat and stir, cooking until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture on the bottom third of one egg roll wrapper. Fold sides toward center and roll tightly; place seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers. Spray top of egg rolls with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 150 cal
- 3.6 g
- 16.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Pretty tasty - much healthier than frying. Next time I would leave the sugar out - it made the filling just a tad too sweet for me. I might add a little fresh ginger along with the garlic. Mine took a..." See morebout 20 minutes - turning after 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them - they can go from just right to too brown in moments. Thanks for the recipe Elle."
"Great basic recipe-- I was pleasantly surprised with the results of oven frying in this recipe. However I preferred to skip the cans and use fresh ingredients such as grated cabbage and bean sprouts...." See more Instead of sugar, I used a bit of sweet chili sauce. I also made a dipping sauce of soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds and sweet chili sauce and we enjoyed these for the main meal. Thanks!"
Beef Egg Rolls
Baked Egg Cups with Country Style Chicken Sausage
Just swipe to see more like this.