Baked Potato Casserole5 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“This baked potato casserole makes a perfect side dish to bring to large family potlucks, picnics, and celebrations.” - by rocc27
Original recipe yields 45 servings
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, cool, and cut into cubes.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; crumble.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8-quart baking dish.
- Combine potatoes and bacon in a large bowl. Mix Cheddar cheese, cheese sauce, sour cream, mayonnaise, onions, chives, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stir cheese mixture into potatoes; transfer to baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated for 50 minutes; remove foil and continue baking until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (45 total)
- 354 cal
- 24.3 g
- 22.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"My family completely devoured this casserole. As usual I did make some changes. I scaled the recipe down to 10 servings, left out the onions, and used home made cheddar cheese sauce. Had I used vel..." See moreveeta or cheese wiz it probably would have been inedible at my house, but for those who like processed cheese you would probably like the recipe as is. The only thing that would make it better is some buttered bread crumbs on top (they make all casseroles better!)"
"The only reason why I am marking this as a 4 is because I did not add all of the ingredients or follow the recipe to the letter. I did not use onions or chives. I really just guessed at all the measur..." See moreements of ingredients also. I used 9 pounds of potatoes, 16 ounces of cheese sauce and sour cream. About 1 cup or a little more of mayo. I just kinds of threw it together, and it was wonderful! Thanks for the recipe."
"I reduced this recipe down to two and half lbs. of red potatoes. I also didn't have any processed cheese so I used all cheddar cheese. I really was lazy and felt the potatoes would cook in the oven wi..." See morethout pre-boiling, so I just cut them into small bite sized pieces, greased the pan real good, mixed everything up and threw it all in the pan. I cooked them for 60 minutes covered at 350. I did take them out halfway and stir them so they wouldn't burn on the bottom. They were cooked just right, fork tender, without pre-boiling. I do think they needed some more seasoning, the only reason for 4 stars. We do like Velveeta and I'll try them again with some, but if you're not a fan of processed cheese this recipe works fine without it."
Potluck Potato Casserole
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.