Scrambled Egg Brunch Bread9 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Perfect for brunch, this beautiful bread is filled with eggs, ham, and cheese. Using refrigerated crescent rolls makes it a snap to prepare.” - by tiberlady
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Unroll each tube of crescent dough, but do not separate rectangles. Place side-by-side on prepared baking sheet with long sides touching; press and seal seams and perforations. Arrange ham lengthwise down center third of rectangle.
- Beat cream cheese and milk in a bowl. Separate one egg, placing egg white aside. Stir egg yolk, remaining eggs, salt, and pepper into cream cheese mixture; fold in red pepper and onion.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; pour egg mixture into skillet and cook until just set, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and spoon eggs over ham; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Cut 1-inch-wide strips towards the center to within 1/2-inch of filling on each long side of dough. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Beat reserved egg white and brush over dough.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden, 25 to 28 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 558 cal
- 36.9 g
- 32.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for a brunch for 8 ladies and they adored it. It was beautiful and delicious. p.s. I could have sworn that I read reviews on the recipe before making it, but they all seem to have disappea..." See morered! There were even pictures of the finished result and they are gone too...and no, I'm not talking about the very similar "Ham Breakfast Braid" - the pictures there aren't even close to the ones I saw. I printed the recipe, and it is attributed to someone else. Whatever, the end result is FABULOUS and I highly recommend."
"Great recipe. I tweak it a it to fit my family's taste. No pepers or cream cheese and it still comes out great. You can use this and add what ever you want to fill it with and it still comes out great..." See more."
"What a great recipe idea! Saw this and had to modify it to my taste. First, didnt want to make a big one so only used one can of crescent roll dough, then did the ham layer, a couple scrambled eggs (w..." See moreith cheese mixed in) layer and a layer of thawed frozen spinach. Sprinkled some blue cheese along the top and closed it up as directed. Brushed with butter and baked. Wow! What a great breakfast treat, Hubby and I ate all but two slices. I am thinking of several options for the filling that I will try (diced tomatos, olives, mushrooms)-the possibilities are endless. I also am thinking maybe some cream cheese filling with blueberries mixed in to make it into a type of danish. Thanks for posting this great recipe."
Savory Bacon and Crab Bread Pudding Eggs Benedict
Braided Easter Egg Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.