Vegetarian Quiche6 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“Perfect for breakfast, this vegetarian quiche also makes a great lunch or light dinner when served with a salad.” - by richardsrnb
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over zucchini and let sit for 10 minutes to drain water.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (235 degrees C). Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake pastry shell in preheated oven for 5 minutes; remove foil and bake until shell is lightly browned, about 5 minutes longer.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, green pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and zucchini until just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and cinnamon; spoon vegetable mixture into crust.
- Beat eggs in a bowl; stir in milk, Parmesan cheese, and Cheddar cheese. Carefully pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 314 cal
- 20.9 g
- 21.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Make sure you drain the veggies really well before tou spoon it in. Other then that you can use whatever veggies you would like...." See more"
"I used the veggies I happened to have ready in the garden that day, zucchini (shredded), cherry tomatoes (halved), and jalapenos (sliced). I also changed the spiced to cumin and chili powder to compli..." See morement the veggies I was using. I had to add about 30 min to the cooking time, but in the end it turned out delicious! Great way to enjoy summer produce! Will definitely make this again!"
Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
Becky's Healthier Ham and Cheese Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.