Bon Appetit's Braciole4 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 2 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 3 hr
“A old family recipe for 'brazzoles.' These beef and pork rollups are made with a filling of salami, hard-boiled eggs, garlic, parsley, and cheese. Use your judgment on the amounts of parsley, garlic and grated cheese--you want to flavor them, but not overpower with one particular flavor. The amounts of ingredients always vary according to the size of the braciola meat.” - by Bon Appetito
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Place pork between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the pork with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/8 inch (1/3 cm). Pound beef to the same thickness.
- Lay the meats out on a work surface with the short side facing you and top them with layers of salami, eggs, parsley, minced garlic, and Pecorino Romano cheese.
- Roll up the meats to form short, fat rolls with a lot of stuffing; secure them with twine. Roll them tightly to prevent the stuffing from escaping. Refrigerate until your pasta sauce is simmering and you're ready to brown the meat.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Pan-fry the rolls on each side until brown, about 5 minutes per side. (Cook the braciole in batches if they won't all fit in the skillet.)
- Bring spaghetti sauce to a simmer over low heat and cook braciole in the sauce until tender, about 2 hours.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 235 cal
- 13 g
- 13.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Really delicious! I chopped everything up and mixed it all together, b/c my pieces of pork/beef were a little small, and I wanted a nice distribution of flavors. I also added to the mix some onion tha..." See moret I cooked in evoo, until tender, and that added a nice extra flavor. We make braciole a lot, but I've never had it w/ the salami...LOVED IT! I will def be making this again! Thanks for sharing. :)"
"All I can saw is WOW!!!!! fabulous dish .Truly authentic and I recieved rave reviews . And gave out the recipe twice. Great smell and taste. Truly deliscious...." See more"
"Very tasty and very easy. I changed a few things however. I used chicken and made a home made rose sauce (personal preference) and added fresh basil to the filling. Also i only cooked in the sauce ..." See moreabout 20 minutes. The rolls were very flavorful and looked very impressive when sliced."
Crunchy Eggplant Parmesan
Just swipe to see more like this.