Mustard Cream BBQ Chicken1 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“Hints of rosemary permeate this BBQ chicken dish with a wonderful mix of Dijon mustard and cream. Serve on warm plates with a side of rice or fusilli pasta and hot vegetables. Make this with a large whole chicken breast (2 breast halves).” - by joechip
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk olive oil, onion powder, sea salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper together in a bowl to make the marinade.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Pour marinade over the chicken. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk Dijon mustard, heavy cream, barbeque sauce, rosemary, and garlic together in a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon in the pan until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Remove chicken from marinade, shaking to remove any excess moisture. Discard marinade.
- Cook the chicken in the bacon drippings until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Brush the mustard sauce over both sides of the chicken; cook another 2 minutes per side. Pour about half the white wine over the chicken; allow the mixture to simmer until the wine reduces, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a baking dish; top with the bacon and remaining white wine.
- Bake in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from oven and allow to rest about 5 minutes before slicing to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 200 cal
- 9.6 g
- 7.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Had a very smokey taste and I would recommend making a little extra sauce to use for dipping...." See more"
Creamy Mustard and Tarragon Chicken
Sour Cream Chicken and Stuffing
Just swipe to see more like this.