Indian Pot Roast5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 5 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 6 hr
“An extremely flavorful roast with very aromatic gravy. You can add cubed potatoes and peas as you are browning the roast in the oven to create an extremely flavorful accompaniment for the meat.” - by Sweet Pickles Mom
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place chuck roast, garlic, ginger, chilies, peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon stick, cumin, coriander, salt, and water in a slow cooker. Cook on High until roast is tender, 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove roast and let cool enough to handle; cut into thick slices. Strain liquid from slow cooker, discarding spices, and reserving liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until brown and tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle chili powder over onions and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, ketchup, tomato puree, black pepper, and reserved liquid from slow cooker; cook until reduced to 3 cups, about 10 minutes. Place sliced meat into skillet and simmer until sauce thickens, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven, basting occasionally with sauce, until browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 271 cal
- 18.4 g
- 7.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This roast is BY FAR the most flavorful roast I've ever made and the sauce that comes from the broth is amazing. I also reserved about 1 cup of the broth, added 1 Tbsp of brown sugar to it and cooked ..." See morecarrots in it. Best carrots I've ever had. Husband and 2 year old daughter also loved every bit of it. This goes very well with sweet potatoes sprinkled (heavily) with paprika, chili powder, and salt and sauted in coconut oil. If I could give the whole thing more stars I would. Thanks for sharing."
"This is delicious! I made mine spicier with more chili powder and added more dry cilantro when serving though...." See more"
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Simon and Garfunkel Pot Roast
Just swipe to see more like this.