Nikki's Best Rhubarb Dessert Ever4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“If you are not a real big fan of rhubarb, you HAVE to try this!” - by Debbie
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix 3 cups flour and brown sugar in a large bowl; cut in softened butter with a knife or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 1/2 cups flour mixture; pat remainder into the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl; mix 1/4 cup flour, white sugar, half-and-half, and salt into eggs, beating until smooth.
- Sprinkle chopped rhubarb over baked crust. Pour egg mixture over rhubarb; top with reserved flour mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs are set and lightly browned, 40 to 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 519 cal
- 19.7 g
- 80.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"OMG!!! So true, its good.We tried rhubarb raw - disgusting, tried with sugar - even worse. So don't like rhubarb.. Made this recipe and it is very good..surprise surprise.. Make it, eat it, like it !..." See more!!!"
"We LOVE rhubarb so I'm always looking for new recipes. This one far exceeded my expectations. My husband says it's company worthy! Add a little whipped cream or ice cream and it's even better. Yum..." See more!"
"This dessert was so bad that I am writing my first review ever. First, you can tell from the photo that there is way more than the 4 cups rhubarb listed . I followed the recipe exactly and it tasted..." See more like sweetened flour with a little bit of fruit and custard in the middle. I served it to friends and neighbors and no one said a word, which tells you how kind my friends are but how awful the dessert was. Don't bother with trying this recipe."
Rhubarb Meringue Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.