Gourmet Egg Salad Sandwich2 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“This egg salad sandwich is loosely based on an open-faced egg salad sandwich served at a local bistro. The unexpected pairing of pesto and Jarlsberg compliments the egg salad tremendously. The amounts of each ingredient can vary depending on taste.” - by Thea McAbbott
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; crumble.
- Preheat oven broiler and set rack about 6 inches from heat source.
- Mix eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl; fold in crumbled bacon.
- Toast sourdough bread under broiler until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Spread pesto evenly on each slice of bread; top with 1/4 egg salad mixture and spread to cover completely. Top each sandwich with 1 slice Jarlsberg cheese.
- Return sandwiches to broiler and cook until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Served sandwiches warm and open-faced.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 445 cal
- 31.9 g
- 17.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Incredible! I accidentally mixed the pesto into the egg salad instead of following the directions (oops!) but LOVED it. My 10 year old thought it was the best egg salad she's ever had, and I agree t..." See morehat it is delicious. This is going in our school lunchbox file as a sandwich filling! 5 stars all the way, thanks!"
"I cut this back as best I could for one serving. I used real bacon bits instead of freshly cooked bacon and made this an open faced sandwich using one piece of whole wheat bread instead of sourdough. ..." See moreThis was actually quite good, I was shocked. This was my breakfast this morning, I paired it with a small bowl of fruit and a large glass of ice water. I am actually quite full."
Avocado Egg Salad
Egg Salad Sandwiches
Just swipe to see more like this.