Best Grilled Vegetable Sandwich1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 20 min
“A delicious vegetarian sandwich made with freshly grilled zucchini, eggplant, red bell pepper, fresh mozzarella, plum tomato, and basil pesto in a whole-grain baguette.” - by Suzy729
Original recipe yields 2 sandwiches
- Combine zucchini, eggplant, and red bell pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle salt over the mixture. Set aside to allow the vegetables to tenderize, at least 3 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Drain moisture from vegetable mixture. Brush vegetables with olive oil to coat; season with black pepper.
- Cook vegetables on hot grill until tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Toast cut sides of baguette in a toaster oven until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Spread basil pesto evenly over toasted surface. Arrange grilled vegetables evenly onto 2 of the baguette halves. Top each with sliced mozzarella and plum tomato slices; top sandwich with the remaining baguette pieces to serve.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 714 cal
- 29.4 g
- 79.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"We used bread that had a little garlic to it so we didn't do the basil pesto & used a little Famous Dave's chicken seasoning instead of pepper. Very hearty & filling...." See more"
Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Pepperidge Farm(R) Vegetable Sandwich Stacks
Just swipe to see more like this.