Asparagus and Tomato Panzanella1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Asparagus and other vegetables are tossed together with Italian-style bread and drizzled with red wine vinegar and olive oil.” - by Sarahscakes
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Toss bread, 1/4 cup olive oil, and garlic in a bowl until coated. Season with salt and black pepper. Transfer mixture to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until toasted, about 15 minutes, stirring and flipping bread cubes about halfway through. Allow bread to cool.
- Fill a large bowl with iced water; set aside. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil; cook asparagus in boiling water until bright green and just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer asparagus to iced water to cool. Drain and dry on a clean towel. Cut asparagus into thirds.
- Mix asparagus, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, yellow tomatoes, red onion, olives, capers, mozzarella balls, and bread cubes in a large bowl. Whisk red wine vinegar and 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Pour vinegar dressing over bread mixture; toss to combine. Allow bread salad to rest for 20 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 342 cal
- 25.7 g
- 21.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I LOVE panzanella salad, and I LOVED this! I did cheat and use marinated asparagus (I've been trying to figure out what to do w. it, lol), but that just added an extra yum. This is a keeper! Thanks fo..." See morer sharing. :)"
Fresh Asparagus, Tomato, and Feta Salad
Asparagus Avocado Medley Evonne Style
Just swipe to see more like this.