Strawberry-Rhubarb and Cream Bars5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 5 hr 25 min
“This bar is a wonderful combination of sweet strawberries and tart rhubarb, paired with a smooth, creamy filling and a shortbread crust. For an absolutely fabulous seasonal recipe, this is the way to go!” - by JessWaka
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan. Chill a metal bowl in refrigerator.
- Mix flour, pecans, butter, and white sugar in a bowl and press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes; cool in pan on wire rack.
- Mix 1 cup brown sugar, corn syrup, and cornstarch in a saucepan; stir in rhubarb. Bring the rhubarb mixture to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring often, until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Let the filling cool and stir in strawberries.
- Beat cream cheese with confectioners' sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour heavy cream into chilled metal bowl and whip with an electric mixer until fluffy and the cream holds soft peaks, about 3 minutes. Fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture; reserve remaining whipped cream.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust and top with the rhubarb mixture; spoon the remaining whipped cream over rhubarb layer. Refrigerate until set and thoroughly chilled, 3 to 4 hours; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 448 cal
- 28.4 g
- 46.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent recipe. I probably added an extra cup of strawberries and only used 1/2 butter for the crust to make sure it wouldn't be greasy. It turned out lovely. Thanks so much...." See more"
"This recipe is excellent! I have made it twice so far. The first time it was a huge hit, the second trial is sitting in my fridge now cooling off. This second one I only had whole wheat flour in th..." See moree cupboard, so the shortbread "blondie" is pretty dark, and tastes kind of "healthy" except for the cup of butter that is holding it all together. I would not change a thing about this recipe- it is not too sweet and is nicely rich without being too heavy like cheesecake is heavy."
Creme de Menthe Bars
'So This Is What Heaven Tastes Like!' Cream Cheese Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.