Alison's Rainier Bars11 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“These granola bars helped me and other cancer survivors climb to the summit of Mt. Rainier.” - by Ali
Original recipe yields 1 9 x 13-inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Mix oats, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, sesame seeds, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine vanilla extract, peanut butter, and honey in a separate bowl until they are well mixed. Add peanut butter mixture to oat mixture and stir until dough begins to thicken and dry ingredients are incorporated. Add chopped fruit, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Continue to stir until the dough sticks together in big stiff lumps and is uniformly mixed.
- Pour dough into the prepared baking pan. Firmly press dough into the pan until it is compact and uniformly spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 146 cal
- 6.7 g
- 20.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"Congratulations for being a cancer survivor ~ & getting to live near Mt. Rainier! I love this recipe. It is great as is or can be changed so many ways; nuts, fruits, grains. I used pistachios, craisin..." See mores, dry cherries, pecans, ground flax seed & added 2 cups rice krispies."
"Delish! I was looking for a recipe w/o eggs and butter, that uses honey instead of corn syrup and this was it! Perfect! This is my go to recipe for granola bars, will be easy to vary too! Thanks f..." See moreor posting and congrats on your cancer survivorship and climbing mt. Rainier!"
"These are great, Alison! While I was mixing this recipe, I kept thinking back to the time I hiked Mt Ranier in '94. Congratulations on your journey! I enjoyed your video that goes with this recipe. Th..." See moreese bars have nice flavor. I used almonds, pumpkin seeds, raisins and cranberries. I used oat bran in lieu of wheat germ. If you cut into these bars when they are warm, they are very crumbly. Wait until they cool, and they are perfect granola bars!"
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars
Peanut Butter Pie Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.