Millet and Beef Stuffed Peppers0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Millet is rich in B vitamins, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, zinc, and contain no gluten. In this recipe, rice is substituted with millet and the result tastes great!” - by jamiet
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- Combine millet, water, and vegetable bouillon in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until beef is crumbly and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, and black pepper; stir and simmer to combine flavors, about 5 minutes.
- Mix cooked millet, cilantro, and feta cheese into ground beef mixture. Spoon mixture into red bell peppers; place in prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peppers are slightly tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Place the tops back on the peppers; bake until peppers are tender, 10 to 15 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 374 cal
- 20.3 g
- 31.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Classic Beef Stuffed Peppers
Beef and Couscous Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.