Salsa di Noci3 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“A local chef in Cinque Terre prepared this dish for us using the herbs we'd picked only moments before. 15 years after trying the dish for the first time, we still make it at home often.” - by Marketchef
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add walnuts and cook until they have softened slightly, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Combine garlic and 1 pinch sea salt in the bowl of a mortar and pestle. Grind to create a thick paste. Add walnuts, marjoram, thyme, and oregano. Grind until combined and slightly creamy, but still coarse.
- Transfer the walnut mixture to a large bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil to form a thick emulsion. Add heavy cream and Pecorino Romano cheese, whisk until combined. Season with black pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the fettuccine, return to a boil, and cook pasta over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Toss walnut sauce with pasta. Garnish with fresh chives.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1116 cal
- 74.7 g
- 90.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"~~~Slurp~~~ This is wonderful - what more can I say. Sorry I forgot to sprinkle the chives on top before I took the picture - I remembered them too late for the photo but not to late for us! Thanks fo..." See morer a wonderful recipe and an amazing video. Lovely!"
"Wonderful recipe. I was skeptical when I finished making it but once I mixed it with the pasta, it tasted great. It looked so pretty with the chopped chives tossed in it, too. I made mussels and shrim..." See morep with a complimentary sauce and a fresh salad but I ended up mainly filling up on this salsa di noci pasta. Thank you!"
"Is this good or what??! So creamy and flavorful! Made me want to get a mortar and pestle for sure! It kind of tastes like pesto without the basil. It did take a bit of work but so worth it! Next time,..." See more I am going to make more to freeze. Also, I used Half & Half and am glad I did because the sauce ended up to be quite thick. Reserve some pasta water to facilitate easy mixing with the pasta..."
Tomatillo Salsa Verde
Pasta Ai Fiori Di Zucca (Pasta With Zucchini Blossoms)
Just swipe to see more like this.