Grilled Chicken Taco Salad9 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Great way to prepare a Mexican favorite.” - by MTCHYG
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix black beans, salsa, 1/2 cup cilantro, and lime juice in a bowl; set aside.
- Stir chili powder, cumin, coriander, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and olive oil in a bowl until smooth; rub mixture over chicken breasts.
- Cook chicken breasts on preheated grill until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 10 to 12 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). While the chicken is cooking, place tortillas on grill and grill until lightly brown on both sides, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into long thin strips. Divide chicken strips over tortillas and top with bean mixture, lettuce, and remaining 1/2 cup cilantro. Serve with avocado, lime wedges, and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 470 cal
- 18.7 g
- 44.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Yummy! I subbed tortilla chips for the corn tortillas, and cooked the chicken on a George Foreman grill. I didn't have cilantro, but I did have "Zesty Cilantro Salsa" which worked well. I also added 1..." See more lg. chopped tomato to the bean mixture and served it with chips as a salsa. The flavor of the chicken was great even though I didn't have coriander. I am saving this recipe!"
"Nom, Nom! This recipe was easy to prepare and delicious. I used leftover shredded chicken and added a 1/2 can of corn and chopped tomato to the beans...." See more"
"We loved this! I did make some changes though. I cut my chicken in half lengtwise in order to have more surface for the rub. I made the rub (omitting the cayenne for my kids) and let them sit for abou..." See moret 10 hours in the fridge. I grilled the chicken, sliced it and served on a bed of romaine topped with black beans, salsa, sour cream, the chicken and a little bit of cheese. The end result was very good, healthy, satisfying fare that even my kids enjoyed (after topping theirs with ranch instead of sour cream!)"
Grilled Chicken and Pasta Salad
Grilled Orange Vinaigrette Chicken Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.