Root Veggie Casserole0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“As a vegetarian, I'm always looking for interesting ways to combine vegetables. The flavorful gravy in this dish comes from the mushroom-soy sauce-miso combination. Eat alone or as a side dish. Enjoy!” - by J
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in butter for 1 minute. Stir mushroom into onion; continue cooking and stirring until mushroom softens, about 3 minutes more. Pour soy sauce over mushroom mixture; cook for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Pour hot water into a casserole dish. Stir bouillon in the hot water to dissolve. Mix potato, kohlrabi, and carrot in the bouillon mixture. Add mushroom mixture to potato mixture; stir. Top with bay leaf, parsley, seasoned salt, and black pepper. Stir again to evenly distribute seasoning.
- Divide miso into 4 portions; place atop vegetable mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, stir, and continue cooking until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 291 cal
- 7.4 g
- 51.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Savory Roasted Root Vegetables
Veggie Chicken Rice Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.