Chef John's Blueberry Muffins61 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“I decided to push the envelope and toss in 2 cups of blueberries!” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 16 muffins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 16 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stir in eggs until well mixed. Add vegetable oil, stir to combine. Whisk sour cream, milk, and lemon zest into butter mixture until smooth.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Stir half the flour mixture into the butter mixture until combined. Add remaining half of flour mixture and blueberries into the batter, folding together until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Place muffin cups on center rack of the preheated oven and bake until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 254 cal
- 11.5 g
- 34.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (61)Rate This Recipe
"Very easy and quick to make! I used white wheat flour and blueberry flavored yogurt instead of sour cream(what I had on hand). Made half the recipe and got a dozen muffins in my pan. Will make again..." See more, Thanks!"
"Excellent! Another Chef John triumph! I made half a batch and came out with nine muffins. I followed the recipe's ingredients as written. After adding the first half of the flour, I dumped the blu..." See moreeberries into the remaining flour mixture and then added that to the batter by hand, just folding it in. Halfway through I sprinkled on a touch of sprinkling sugar, but next time I'll do that before baking--just to give them a little sparkle on top. Thanks, Chef John!"
Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry Crumb Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.