Blueberry Banana Nut Bread2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“Delicious and moist. It's more like a cake than a bread. Looks as good as it tastes and easy to make. Also great with a little spread of lemon curd.” - by Bratz
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 4 1/2x8 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Stir and coat blueberries with 2 tablespoons cake flour in a bowl.
- Mix coated blueberries, oats, pecans, 1 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons cake flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, Greek yogurt, and applesauce together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time; beat after each addition. Add vanilla extract and mashed banana; beat lightly until well blended.
- Stir blueberry-flour mixture into yogurt mixture until just moistened. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Cut butter into 1/4 cup brown sugar in a small bowl until crumbly; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 265 cal
- 7.2 g
- 46.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"If my photo of this bread looks a little on the flat side, it's because I halved the recipe using the loaf pan size called for. We really enjoyed this bread with our morning coffee today! I love the..." See more little bit of sweetness provided by the topping, and I especially appreciate that it's not a crumbly topping that falls off the bread like it does on so many muffins. I will make this again very soon but with the full size! We loved it! Thanks for the recipe! UPDATE: I made a double batch yesterday, this time using the whole recipe. Be careful if you tend, like me, to get carried away with how many nuts and how many blueberries you put in! While it turned out delicious, I am now busy cleaning out my oven for what overflowed! I should have used my better sense and noted that when it was going past the 3/4 mark on my pans, I should have changed to a bigger size. But it still is delicious."
Banana Nut Bread III
Favorite Banana Blueberry Quick Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.