Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie19 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 20 min
“One of the most delicious and easiest pie recipes I know. I got this wonderful recipe from my mother Pauline, who I believe got it from my Aunt Angela. I love all their pies, but this might be my favorite.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place rolled-out pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate and set on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine rhubarb and strawberries in a bowl; transfer to the pie crust, distributing evenly.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, milk, flour, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl. Slowly pour filling over rhubarb mixture until it just reaches the top edge of the crust. Scatter diced butter evenly over the top of the filling. Lightly tap and shake the baking sheet to remove any air bubbles.
- Transfer pie to the preheated oven and bake, turning halfway through, until rhubarb is tender and custard is set, about 1 hour.
- Mix strawberry jam and water in a small bowl; heat in the microwave until warm, about 15 seconds. Glaze the top of the pie with the jam mixture and let cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 342 cal
- 11.1 g
- 57.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"Everyone loved this twist on classic strawberry rhubarb pie! Don't omit the nutmeg, but don't go overboard...it gives it a nice custard flavor. Delicious...." See more"
"turned out absolutely perfect for me... followed exact instructions...MY FAVORITE..." See more"
Strawberry Rhubarb Cream Pie
Strawberry Raisin Rhubarb Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.