Turkey Raeben Burgers7 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“I'm not a big fan of turkey burgers, but finding ground turkey on sale and some on-hand ingredients inspired this recipe. Most of the ingredients can be substituted or exchanged based on taste. Don't let the few ingredients in the burger itself fool you....it's got lots of flavor for a turkey burger. Feel free to add 8 oz. or more sliced mushrooms to the onions when cooking, if you happen to be a mushroom lover. This is great with sweet potato fries and/or a spinach salad. Serve with additional thousand island dressing for dipping.” - by candace
Original recipe yields 4 sandwiches
- Combine ground turkey, garlic, thousand island dressing, and 1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs in a bowl. Do not overwork the mixture. Form into 4 patties; transfer to plate. Sprinkle with garlic salt and additional 1/4 cup bread crumbs; press crumbs into patties to adhere.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties in oil until golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes per side. Transfer to plate; top each patty with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Cook and stir onion rings in same skillet until tender, about 10 minutes, adding oil if necessary. Sprinkle with ground black pepper.
- Heat a non-stick griddle to medium heat. Lightly butter bread slices on both sides; cook on each side until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- To assemble burgers, layer turkey and cheese patties, sauerkraut, and cooked onions between bread slices.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 728 cal
- 38.2 g
- 50.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"I stumbled on this by accident and I am glad I did. I made this exactly as directed and everyone loved them. The 1000 island dressing in the ground turkey made the patties so moist and delicious. It w..." See moreas quick and easy also. This will be a family favorite."
"had this for dinner last nite, Was yummy, Adding the dressing to the burger was a great idea....." See more"
Spicy Chipotle Turkey Burgers
Cheese-Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.