Awesome Rhubarb-Strawberry Pudding3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“I've been making pudding for years and stumbled on a recipe last year that caught my attention and taste buds. I've made it and changed it and now it's the only one I make; hope you enjoy it. Raspberries or just about any other fruits could be used with the rhubarb, this recipe offers endless possibilities.” - by kkelly
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix rhubarb, strawberries, and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl; spread fruit mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup sugar on top.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Beat 2/3 cup sugar and butter with an electric mixer set on medium speed in a large bowl until fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Beat egg and almond extract into butter mixture until incorporated, about 3 minutes more. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, mixing until just incorporated. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter evenly over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 285 cal
- 15 g
- 35.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Thanks for such a wonderful recipes. I bought the rhubarb and strawberries but forgot the frozen pie crust at the store. Boy am I glad I did! I put three ingredients in the search engine, strawberr..." See moreies, rhubarb, and sour cream. This dish is the only one that came up. What luck! The only change I made was used 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white in place of the all white."
"A very good rhubarb dessert. The batter does get thick when mixing, but it spreads nicely over the fruit. It bakes with a cake-like texture. I can see where this recipe would work great with other ..." See morefruits beside the strawberries. Thanks kkelly for sharing your recipe."
Cherry Dump Pudding
Raspberry Rice Pudding Creme Brulee
Just swipe to see more like this.