Third Baby Food: Chicken, Sweet Potato and Spinach0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 40 min
“My son loves this combination! It's good for him to get the protein from the chicken and nutrients from the spinach with the tasty goodness of the sweet potatoes (I've tried it too, it's not so bad!) Feel free to try other veggies that you have around the house too! I've used carrots or green beans with success as well. Such a time saver for busy moms and dads!” - by MISSBERNIE
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil; place sweet potatoes in steamer, cover, and steam until softened, about 8 minutes. Add spinach and cook until the sweet potatoes are easily mashed, about 5 minutes more.
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the cubed chicken and cook uncovered until no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes.
- Combine chicken, sweet potatoes, spinach, breast milk, and water in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
- Spread sweet potato-chicken mixture into an ice cube tray, cover with plastic wrap and freeze until solid, 2 to 3 hours. Transfer frozen cubes to a resealable plastic bag and store in the freezer.
- To serve, heat cubes in the microwave until warm but not hot, about 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 72 cal
- 1.1 g
- 8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Maple Glazed Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
Chicken With Sweet and Sour Fig Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.