High Seas Chicken Souvlaki2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“This traditional Greek dish is even easy to make in a small galley-style kitchen. Grill marinated chicken and pile it into warm pita bread with yogurt sauce, vegetables, and feta cheese.” - by elchivo
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Place shredded cucumber in a fine mesh sieve and press out excess liquid; allow to drain for 15 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, 2 cloves minced garlic, shredded cucumber, dill, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside in the refrigerator to chill.
- Place chicken in a bowl and add the oregano, 2 cloves minced garlic, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; stir thoroughly and set aside in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine tomatoes, diced cucumber, onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Skewer the marinated chicken.
- Grill the chicken skewers, squeezing with juice from 1/2 a lemon while cooking, until browned and no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Heat the pita bread on the grill until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Top each heated pita bread round with chicken from 1 skewer, 1 to 2 spoonfuls of yogurt sauce, and tomato salad. Top with feta cheese slices.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 688 cal
- 31 g
- 70.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Very good! Thanks for sharing! Reviewed First Faceless frenzy Western Division 2012..." See more"
Chicken Souvlaki Gyro Style
Just swipe to see more like this.