Dry Rub Beef Brisket0 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 5 hr
- Ready In: 5 hr 15 min
“Spicy and smoky beef brisket. My version has no BBQ sauce added. Keep the dish tightly covered during cooking and don't peek. This prevents the brisket from drying out. If you use a larger or smaller brisket, adjust the cooking time to 1 hour per pound. Cut the brisket against the grain with a sharp knife, or it will be stringy.” - by frankosaurus
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Place the brisket in a glass baking dish, fatty-side down.
- Mix Montreal steak seasoning and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl; rub over the brisket firmly to press into the meat. Flip the brisket and continue seasoning the fatty side.
- Stir beef stock, lemon juice, and liquid smoke together in the bowl; drizzle over the seasoned brisket. Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven to your desired degree of doneness, or an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (65 degrees C) for medium, about 5 hours. Remove from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 405 cal
- 32.9 g
- 2.1 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Simply the Easiest Beef Brisket
Slow-Cooked, Texas-Style Beef Brisket
Just swipe to see more like this.