Carne Asada Tacos or Al Pastor Tacos2 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 6 hr 40 min
“I have had great success preparing tacos this way. I bought this recipe from a taqueria owner (taco restaurant) in Mexico City. I am translating the directions. It can be used for beef pork or just about any other type of meat. The spice mix on this recipe gives meat a really excellent flavor.” - by Vic Voss
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place 1/2 chopped onion, 2 cloves garlic, parsley, oregano, paprika, anise seed, black pepper, cumin, sage, thyme, bay leaves, cloves, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice in a blender; pulse until a very well-blended paste is achieved, scraping down sides as needed, 3 to 5 minutes. Spread paste on both sides of the flank steak. Wrap steak in plastic and refrigerate at least 6 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove excess marinade from flank steak.
- Grill steak until it begins to firm and is hot and slightly pink in the center, about 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Chop steak into small pieces and transfer to a platter; cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Place 1 chopped onion, tomatoes, chipotle peppers, and 3 cloves garlic in a blend; pulse until desired consistency. Add water if the salsa becomes too thick. Transfer salsa to a bowl.
- Heat tortillas in a microwave safe plate until warm, about 1 minute.
- Serve beef over stacks of two corn tortillas with salsa and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 chopped onion, radishes, and cilantro.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 400 cal
- 8.8 g
- 53.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Taqueria Style Tacos - Carne Asada
Tacos al Pastor
Just swipe to see more like this.