Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mango Glaze2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 25 min
“The chicken is rubbed with a simple blend of Mexican spices and and baked for the initial cooking, then finished on the grill with tangy sweet glaze that's got just enough heat. The glaze works equally well on grilled pork chops. My family prefers leg quarters, but any chicken will work by simply adjusting the cooking time.” - by Ken from CA
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Cut chicken leg quarters at the joint without cutting all the way through. Arrange chicken on a baking dish.
- Mix New Mexico chile powder, ancho chile powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, kosher salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub chile powder mixture over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat chicken with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned, about 45 minutes. Chicken will not be cooked through.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Heat mango nectar, rum, orange juice, lime juice, honey, and chile paste in a skillet over medium-high heat. Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Brush mango glaze over chicken legs.
- Grill chicken on preheated grill until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 10 to 15 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 718 cal
- 38.3 g
- 24 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I made this a while ago and it was very good, I thought it would be too sweet but, it came out to be the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. I used some of the garlic chile paste that I had leftover. ..." See moreServed with the white mexican rice recipe from gema, on this site. Thanks for sharing Ken!"
"This was excellent. It's spicy but not too spicy. I didn't have ancho chile, so used NM chile powder. I had whole chicken breasts, and after marinating in the rub for an hour, I wrapped them in alumin..." See moreum foil and let them cook on the grill for about 30 minutes on low. Took them out of the foil and basted with the glaze. I didn't have mango puree, so I used orange-mango juice along with a wee bit of fresh mango. This is a keeper!"
Amazing Southwest Cilantro Lime Mango Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
Spicy Mango Sweet Potato Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.