Grilled Shrimp Caprese5 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“Grilled shrimp over angel hair pasta with melted mozzarella, basil, and tomatoes in a garlic butter sauce.” - by Gretchen
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix basil, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt in a bowl. Add shrimp and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove shrimp from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook shrimp on preheated grill until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat; stir in white wine and bring to a boil. Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese; simmer until reduced, about 10 minutes. Stir in angel hair pasta, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. Top with shrimp to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 745 cal
- 43.1 g
- 50.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"YUMMY! I used Dry Sherry Had no wine. Very tasty I was impressed...." See more"
"This is one of those recipes that must be eaten immediately. As soon as it starts to cool the cheese solidifies making it sticky and rather difficult to plate / eat. I think that just a sprinkle of ..." See moremozzarella on the top of each serving would be sufficient. It would also help to have one person grilling and the other making the rest of the dish. Shrimp cooks very fast and cannot be left alone - the sauce etc.... needs attention too, making this recipe was like a race. If making this for company, I would make the sauce in advance and keep in warm in a double boiler or enlist the help of someone you can trust to grill the shrimp."
"I made this recipe for the weekly recipe group selection. I followed the recipe as written except for using 1 1/2 pound of shrimp and took the advice of previous reviews to just top with the mozzarell..." See morea cheese. The shrimp marinade is excellent and could be used alone for anytime you want to grill shrimp, I did marinate it a couple of hours. The sauce was also good without the mozzarella cheese, seemed thin but once the tomatoes and noodles added it was just right. We enjoyed this dish and will probably make it again. We grilled some zucchini and that was so good mixed in with this dish, that I might make that way next time. The reason for four stars is the order of the directions will have you in a real mess. The shrimp was the last thing we cooked and thanks to another review I had everything ready including the sauce. So we weren't scurrying around the kitchen trying to hurry everything up."
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Italian Shrimp Caprese Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.