Quinoa Stuffed Peppers16 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This vegetarian dish is so filling, and I love it because its incredibly versatile. You can add whatever spices and vegetables you like!” - by Amanda
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a deep baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Mix quinoa and water together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until fragrant and slightly translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add zucchini, eggplant, and tomato; cook until slightly tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir tomato sauce into vegetable mixture; cover and simmer until vegetables have softened, about 10 more minutes.
- Stir quinoa into vegetable mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Fill bell peppers with quinoa-vegetable mixture. Place peppers in prepared baking dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bell peppers are slightly tender, about 18 minutes. Remove aluminum foil cover; sprinkle peppers with mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is bubbling and melted, about 5 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 251 cal
- 9.6 g
- 32.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"This was a really good base recipe. It's very bland however, and even with some italian spices it was still "missing something". However, it was easy and very healthy :)..." See more"
"Once I added a few things to this recipe it was excellent but I do agree that it would have been a bit bland on it's own. I added a whole 15 oz. can of tomato sauce instead of just a cup, and Italian..." See more seasonings as well as some crushed pepper for a little kick. I also added some cheddar cheese inside as well as on top instead of the mozzarella cheese, I think the sharpness of the cheddar was a good addition. I also kept the peppers cooking at least 10 minute longer than the recipe said, and I still think that it was too crisp tender for me, so I next time would probably either microwave or cook the peppers a little bit before adding the filling and cooking it the 18 plus minutes. Otherwise a great recipe- very healthy yet tasty."
Chef John's Stuffed Peppers
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.