Sausage Alfredo Stuffed Peppers5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Tired of the typical stuffed pepper filling? This is your recipe!” - by RAPTORSHARK
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, mushrooms, garlic, and salt until onion is slightly translucent and softened, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Cook and stir sausage in a separate skillet over medium heat, breaking into crumbles, until browned, about 10 minutes. Add bacon, Neufchatel cheese, and sour cream; stir to combine. Add mushroom mixture to sausage mixture, reserving about 1/4 cup mushroom mixture. Season with garlic and herb seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Warm Alfredo sauce with the reserved mushroom mixture in a pan over medium-low heat, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stuff each bell pepper with sausage-mushroom mixture; place in the prepared baking dish. Top each bell pepper with Cheddar cheese; pour warmed Alfredo sauce over and around the bell peppers. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bell peppers are beginning to soften, about 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake until cheese is melted, 10 to 20 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 884 cal
- 75.4 g
- 16 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious and easy to make but very rich not a dish you want to eat all the time!..." See more"
"This was very good and quite easy to put together. My family really enjoyed it. The only thing I will change next time is only use 1- 8 oz package of the Neufchatel cheese. I grilled Italian sausages ..." See moreas my family of men are all big eaters and served with garlic bread to slop up the Alfredo sauce. Very satisfying! Thanks for sharing."
Chef John's Stuffed Peppers
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.