Mom's Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“With two picky eaters who LOVE sloppy joes and an overabundance of green peppers from my garden, I came up with this family favorite that also incorporates more vegetables into their mealtime!” - by WorkingMom
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix tomato sauce and sloppy joe seasoning together in a bowl.
- Finely chop the usable 'meat' from the removed tops of each red bell pepper. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir red pepper pieces and garlic until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook and stir ground beef and 1/2 cup beef broth into the red pepper-garlic mixture until ground beef crumbles are browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain off excess fat from the cooked ground beef. Add instant rice, 1/2 cup beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce; stir to combine. Simmer until the rice becomes tender and absorbs most of the liquid, about 10 minutes. Add about 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce mixture, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper to the beef mixture; stir to combine.
- Ladle about half the remaining tomato sauce mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Stuff each of the red bell peppers with ground beef mixture; arrange in the baking dish. Ladle the remaining tomato sauce mixture over each bell pepper. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is cooked through, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over the peppers. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 10 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 420 cal
- 21.5 g
- 31 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Stuffed Mexican Peppers
Millet and Beef Stuffed Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.