Carrot and Zucchini Casserole6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“Carrots and zucchini are baked in a rich and cheesy casserole and topped with a crunchy bread crumb layer.” - by Angela
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the inside of a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Boil carrots in a pot of lightly salted water until slightly tender, about 10 minutes. Add zucchini and onion; boil until zucchini is tender, 5 to 10 more minutes. Drain.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Whisk flour into melted butter forming a paste, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir half-and-half into paste, stirring constantly, until mixed. Add bouillon cubes and stir until dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. Add Colby-Jack cheese, mustard, and dill; whisk until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in vegetables. Transfer mixture to prepared casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs with 1/4 cup melted butter in a bowl until butter is fully incorporated. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake casserole in the preheated oven until bubbling and topping is browned, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 337 cal
- 23.4 g
- 24.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Very tasty; just enough of a cheesy taste to make you wonder what the flavor is . . . I do think this made too much sauce; next time I will do half-again as many veges for the same amount of sauce...." See more"
"I forgot rice and added extra layer of bread crumbs with parmesian cheeze added in addtion to the butter,it is very good and will work as veg. substitute in a meal..." See more"
Cheesy Sausage Zucchini Casserole
Zucchini and Carrot Coleslaw
Just swipe to see more like this.